Søren Birthin Schmidt
Søren started working in Patentgruppen in 2017 and obtained authorisation as European Patent Attorney in 2022. He holds a master’s degree in physics from Aarhus University and throughout his studies, he has had a special focus on material physics. Søren has a broad knowledge of physics and nanoscience, and he handles all types of IP tasks within a wide range of technologies, including computer-implemented inventions.
In his studies, Søren has, among other things, dealt with atomic studies of nano-sized particles for use in industrial desulfurization catalysts as well as new methods for producing thin films with tribological properties.
Søren has been acknowledged as Rising Star 2023 by IP STARS (Managing IP).
- Software patenting
- Patent drafting, application process and prosecution
- Prior art search and analysis
- Freedom-to-Operate (FTO) analysis
- Analysis and production of idea catalogues
- Material physics
- Surface physics
- Semiconductor technology
- MoS2-based systems
- Physical Vapour Deposition
- X-ray diffraction
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Scanning Tunnel Microscopy
- Inorganic chemistry